Pages

Sunday, November 30

It's beginning to look a lot like Advent

Today is the first Sunday of Advent.  We went to Mass at St. Max and I saw the purple swags in the windows, and the huge Advent wreath up front...I love Advent season!  This is a time to reflect on Christ's coming and prepare our hearts.  

Today's Gospel is from Mark 13:33-37
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Be watchful! Be alert!
You do not know when the time will come.
It is like a man traveling abroad.
He leaves home and places his servants in charge,
each with his own work,
and orders the gatekeeper to be on the watch.
Watch, therefore;
you do not know when the Lord of the house is coming,
whether in the evening, or at midnight,
or at cockcrow, or in the morning.
May he not come suddenly and find you sleeping.
What I say to you, I say to all: ‘Watch!’”


It reminded me about tonight's upcoming youth night at St. Gertrude, where we are going to be discussing priorities and "seeking first the Kingdom".  Mark's Gospel fits in so well, telling us to "Be alert!"  How can we have priorities if we are not alert and aware of what God's plan for us is?  Today I am thankful that God is so merciful and allows second chances!

Also, since today is the first Sunday of Advent, I thought I would share an update of some of the resources I shared on my old blog.


First of all, please check out my Pinterest boards below.
2.  Advent and Christmas Ideas for the Home

For those in ministry check out this video from a webinar I attended by Ave Maria Press:
O Radiant Dawn: Ministering to Families (And Yourself) This Advent Season
There's tons more videos to check out there too!

More Advent Resources (coloring pages, lessons, etc.):  
CatholicMom: Advent
12 Tips to Holier Advent Season

My Recommendations for Great Advent Guides:
For Youth Ministry:  Life Teen Advent Companion
For Ebook:  Magnificat Advent Companion

Projects to get Dad involved:
Make and Advent Wreath using power tools
Outdoor Nativity Scenes with lights
Lego also makes Advent Calendars!

Shows to Watch: CatholicTV: Advent

Where to Shop for Advent/Christmas Gifts: Faithful Findz

No comments:

Post a Comment