Pages

Sunday, July 24

Trying new things, dreaming of new beginnings

So this past week I have been trying a new method of "washing" my hair.  I've been going without washing with shampoo and just using a mixture of water and baking soda.  So far it's been straightening easier, usually just with a round brush and blowdryer.  I don't even have to use any product to style it, unless I want it to curl, which is unusual in this horrid heat we've been having.  It feels thicker, but definitely has more natural oil on it...which feels weird after all this time. 

I also painted my nails tonight...a sherbert orange color by Essie with hot pink tips...quite cute if you ask me :)

The past week I've also sold my 2005 Chevy Cavalier, paid off 4 credit cards, and paid 3 others down significantly.  Although we are down to one vehicle, I feel so much better about life.  The goal is to have the other 3 paid off by the end of the year.

We may actually even be able to qualify for a home loan here soon too...which is great because I am SO ready to move.  However, I will take anything nicer than where we live now.  Ben and I have been dreaming about a place of our own for a long time.  We want to move because we want to be closer to Queen of Peace, the church we attend where I do ministry.  Being 35 minutes away is not a good thing right now. 

So I've been on Pinterest finding ideas for all kinds of things for a new place, my office at church, etc.  That website is awesome!  If you need an invite to join, please leave a comment and let me know, I'll send you one.  It's addicting, but it is a wonderful way to gather ideas for anything.  

I need to post pictures soon of my office at church...I didn't take before pictures, but it doesn't even matter.  I'll have to get Ben to take them tomorrow, as his camera on his phone takes much nicer photos than mine.  Then I'll post them, as well as a story about my meeting with Mary...the picture is a hint!  Hopefully I'll get it all posted tomorrow, I hate to keep people waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment